Cooling Tower Water Treatment
MIOX offers the safest water in the world, providing advanced, cost-effective solutions for industrial cooling tower water treatment. Our team designs custom solutions to deliver safe, effective, and economically attractive alternatives to minimize or eliminate the use of expensive and hazardous delivered chemicals. By partnering with MIOX, our customers experience a bottom line savings and operational efficiencies, keeping operations running flawlessly.
Benefits in cooling tower water treatment applications include:
- Improved safety
- Cost effective
- Reduced environmental impact
- And…improved performance!
Mixed Oxidant Solution can save money by…
- Replacing multiple chemicals: hypochlorite; bromine; possibly algaecides and proprietary biocides
- Low cost of generation
Mixed Oxidant Solution has enhanced oxidation power:
- Chlorine-based, but more powerful disinfectant than conventional chlorine
- MIOX optimizes chemistry performance with a superior cell design and more energy applied
- Chlor-oxygen species: – H2O + NaCl >> Disinfectants have been used for years
- No O3 or ClO2 – EPA does not require DBP monitoring
Cooling tower water may see numerous performance improvements, including:
- Removal of biofilm
- Better residuals
- Reduced algae loading
Presence of biofilm reduces thermal efficiency.
Microorganism kill in simulated cooling tower waters was superior using Mixed Oxidant Solution.
Best Practice to Minimize Risk:
- OSHA, Cooling Technology Institute, ASHRAE and others recommend maintaining a continual free halogen residual within the cooling tower system as a Best Practice to minimize the risks associated with Legionella.
- The mixed-oxidant solution has been shown to be very effective against Legionella.
Mixed Oxidant Solution offers significant benefits over standard Sodium Hypochlorite in cooling tower water treatment applications.
For more information, please contact::